Cellense is currently looking for a Data Scientist to join and help our clients to create better games. The ideal candidate will possess both an ability to do independent research and generate insights from large data sets as well as a hands-on attitude of servicing/managing day-to-day data requests and analyses. Your input to the game development is crucial, and you will be an important part of our client’s game teams.
You enjoy working equally much in data processing, software development, and service operations. You strive to create an ETL dataflow that can scale to handle any new features that a live game teams want to build. You understand how to build low maintenance distributed data processing systems, especially for machine learning applications.
While we work with different game teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings, both successes and failures. You must be humble, pragmatic, and willing to admit and explain your mistakes and learn from others. That way we’ll all learn and keep making the team better.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
As part of the Data Science Team at Cellense you’ll be embedded in a client’s game team, actively contributing to game design and direction. Whether working on a live game or a new project, you’ll be responsible for making sure that the game team understands how their millions of players interact with the games. At Cellense we believe that the key to success is continuous learning and to learn you need feedback. Your responsibility as a data scientist will be to provide that feedback.
While we sit with different game teams, communication and knowledge sharing is vital. We frequently share our learnings, both successes and failures. You must be humble, pragmatic, willing to admit and explain your mistakes and learn from others. That way we’ll all learn and keep making the team better.
- Work with product teams to define data to be collected from our products for analysis
- Analysis of key performance indicators, such as retention, lifetime value, player acquisition and virtual economy balance
- Defining the data acquisition of A/B tests and analysis of the gathered A/B test data to estimate the effect on key metrics and provide recommendations
- Develop models for predicting player behavior
- Answer in-depth analytics questions from the team and create reports of the results
- Identify and report actionable insights to internal stakeholders, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results
With offices located in HubHub coworking space in City Business Center I. you won’t have any trouble with transportation, parking or food. Provided with high-end gaming PCs, pro-gaming mouses, pads, keyboards and headsets it’s the perfect environment for learning ;-).
- Bc./M.Sc./Ph.D. in a quantitative discipline (Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Economics, Electrical Engineering)
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Comfortable working in an international, fast-paced, challenging and stimulating organization
- Communication skills. Being able to compile and translate data, numbers and analyses into normal English, and present findings to non-technical audiences
- Experience in feature engineering and model design for machine learning
- Passion for games
- Experience in the video game or entertainment industry, specifically focused on virtual economics
- Experience in a data scientist or analyst role, involving some of the following: data analytics, CRM data analysis, data mining, business intelligence, machine learning, predictive analytics
- Knowledge of SQL
- Proficient in (statistical) programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies (AWS EMR, Spark, Hadoop, columnar DBs, NoSQL, etc.)
- Experience of operating machine learning products in the wild
- Experience with modern machine learning software (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Spark MLlib)
- Experience in interpreting data and analytics results to provide actionable insight into user/product behavior and deriving conclusions from those insights
We encourage our members to employ constructive and analytical thinking in problem solving. You must be able to work in a team, but we equally value initiative – voice and explain your own opinion to us and we might just take it. Highly appreciated is passion for clean and effective code and most of all ability to learn quickly.
WHY YOU WILL LOVE IT HERE:
- Access to very rich terabyte-scale data sets, which require you to keep up with the latest technologies and methodologies in the field of big data
- Independence and a lack of bureaucracy that clears the way for your to do the best work possible
- Strong compensation and benefits. We create great teams and take very good care of them.
- Travel to our offices in Prague, Malmo and Helsinki, as well as company off-site meetings
- Work with kind, humble teams that inspire
Fill out the contact form below or just send us email with your CV directly to email@example.com
Cellense help the best gaming companies around the world to improve their player experience with data. We’ve helped to analyze and launch over 50 games with over 1 billion players including the most downloaded game in the world, and multiple best selling PC/Console games.We also believe that focus means staying small. We hire only the most passionate doers and arm them with the trust and support to make the biggest impact possible. As part of a small, independent team at Cellense, you’ll be free to dream and succeed (and sometimes fail) big!